Rapid Gun Store POS Webinar: Understanding and Implementing Touchscreen Fundamentals
During this webinar, we will dive into the fundamental aspects of enhancing your touchscreen and how you can take your touchscreen to the next level. We provide a customized gun store pos solution that is directly built for your store. We’ll cover an extensive list of buttons/functions you can add into your touchscreen and how to make changes on your own.
Why is it important to be able to customize your Touchscreen?
– To make check-out more efficient
– To put needed buttons in places where they are necessary (For example, a notes button easily accessible at the top or if you use customer lookups a lot, easily add zoom to the home page)
– To encourage users to follow a particular sequence of steps (creating a workflow) to complete a transaction in a consistent way
– To limit what a user can do in the system (ex: manager firewall)
– To create seasonal or station specific touchscreens to better improve transaction flow
Here is an Overview of Button Capabilities and Touchscreen Fundamentals in your Gun Store POS:
(jump to 5:00 in the video for a screenshot)
- Copy / Paste / Clear a Button
- Changing Color of a Button
- Changing Image on Button
- Changing Caption or Hint of Button
- Adding a Shortcut
- Creating a Filtered list
- Changing Font (style, size, color) of Button Label
- Changing the Action of a Button
- Creating a hyperlink
- Creating a New Button Page
- Pausing/Default for Quantity
- Adding an Item Button on the page
- Copy/Rename Button Pages
- Adding extra features to a Button (page action, prompt for quantity, etc.)
Top 3 questions:
Q: I have multiple registers with different monitor sizes. My Touchscreen buttons appear differently on each. How can I fix that?
A: You can create Touchscreen Codes, specific to different registers to accommodate the differences in screen real-estate. We suggest building/editing those Touchscreen Codes on the register you intent to use it on to ensure the layout works for you needs.
Q: What about creating an item button from scratch?
A: You would click on any empty space and follow the guidelines that we went through: Put the Button action to ITEM, add the hint and caption, color, image, font size/text/color and click preview. It will appear in the same way as the copy-paste.
Q: If I create my touchscreen in practice company, how do I get it into my live company?
A: You can simply utilize the SAVE function we showed you on the LAYOUT page, and when you go into your live company, you can use the LOAD function to get it in. Make sure to TEST it in the live company before you implement it – if your practice did not have the same items or button pages, you will need to edit that in the new
Watch the recording of this webinar and other webinars we created on inventory, advanced reports, & more. Click here to view our other webinars and blog posts.